Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Collegio Ad Project

Our third project in Digital File Prep was to come up with an ad that would be something that could be printed in The Collegio, PSU's school newspaper. I decided to make an ad for my dream coffee house that Pittsburg so desperately needs.

My target audience is pretty wide and includes college students, coffee lovers, Pittsburg area residents, and people who are looking for a place to relax with a good book or conversation. This coffee house would serve many different social classes within the Pittsburg community, since coffee and related drinks are not expensive high-end products.

The "call to action" of my ad was to entice the viewer to come into the coffee shop and want to become a fan on the official Java Bean Facebook page. By "liking" the page, customers can keep up with what is happening The Java Bean, such as daily specials, discounts, and the live music event calendar.

Below is the creative process that led me to the final product:


Word Matrix/Brainstorm


Thumbnail Sketches


Rough Sketch


Final Ad



Our budget on this project was $100.00. The rate quoted was $4 per column inch.

My design measured 5.75 inches x 6 inches, which translates to 3 inches x 6 inches in column-inch dimensions. (5.75 actual inches = 3 column inches)

To calculate the total cost of the ad, I multiplied the 3-column inch width by the 6-inch height, which came to 18 column inches. I then multiplied that total by $4, which brought the total ad price to $72.00, which was well below the $100.00 budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment